Recipe by : Anuradha Swahney
Easy to make, light and very flavourful; this Walnut & Mushroom Paté is simply the best. This perfect party appetiser is best had with crackers, chips or toasted brown bread.
Makes : 1½ cups
1 medium-sized onion
5-6 garlic cloves
1 packet (200 gms) mushrooms
½ cup shelled walnuts plus 1 tsp extra
1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
Salt to taste
Freshly ground white pepper to taste
1 teaspoon oil (optional0
1. Chop the onion and garlic.
2. Clean the mushrooms and cut them into quarters.
3. Place a nonstick pan over low heat. When warm, add oil (optional), then add the onions and saute for 3 to 4 minutes, till they turn translucent.
4. Meanwhile chop the thyme and parsley finely.
5. Raise the heat to high. Add the garlic, mushroom, thyme and parsley and sauté, till the water released from mushroom evaporates.
6. Remove from the heat and let the contents cool.
7. Put the cooked ingredients in the blender with walnuts and olive oil (optional). Blend the ingredients to make a smooth paté.
8. Taste and add salt and pepper. Blend once more.
9. Before serving, decorate with a few whole walnuts pieces. Serve the paté with wedges of toasted brown bread.